Thursday, April 17, 2008

The power of 2



My good friend, KS is in town with Mrs S, LS. They just arrived from Hong Kong after meeting up with KS's parent who flew in from Toronto, CA. KS & LL both registered their marriage in KL last year, this April 19th, they'll be doing their 'Tea Ceremony' and hosting their wedding dinner at the West Lake Garden restaurant in Sunway Lagoon Hotel & Resort.

LL's a high spirited and easy going gal. She's the personification of simplicity, she even mentioned that she might attend the wedding dinner dressed in 'White Tee and Jeans'. Well, I applaud her for that but a wedding is after all a once in a lifetime event and you would want all your guests to have a memorable evening. Wedding dinner's all about leaving a beautiful impression on your guests once the event is over. KS's more stressed and worried about the whole thing. As I observed both personality, I find it amusing that they actually fit well for each other.

Someone would say that they both have a karmic affinity with each other. Nevertheless, Karma has indeed a role to play here. I've heard from a few Dharma masters that becoming a husband and wife is a karmic affinity. The power of 2 is definitely a force to be reckon with. As causes and conditions comes into place, thus this action is produced. A marriage is definitely no bed of roses. I've seen these two friends of mine argue and fuss over a lot of things, some times it's just about something that's not a serious matter. Both have different perceptions on how things should be viewed and take action onto. Two different perceptions, different minds, one common affinity. Indeed, it is a challenging role for the young couple.

I remembered when I first met KS when he got back, He gave me a long hug and whispered on my ear, 'Married life is hard... it needs a lot of work' This reminds me of how we should be more understanding and perceptive of one partner's needs and wants.

As with this wonderful chinese painting of two koi fish, the saying goes, May every year is blessed with abundance. I wish KS & LL the same. May they find each other endearing and more understanding. May they have the strength to face the uncertainties of life. Sarva Mangalam!

No comments: