Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The ;D Bodhisattva

In Buddhism, there are aspirants who aspire to the thought of enlightenment and becomes a Bodhisattva. A Bodhisattva is a being (sentient and insentient) who guides people in the Dharma. He or she can assume many roles and many faces.

In reality, we are all Bodhisattvas of many kinds. Some of us become Kuan Yin to some friends in their hour of need, when they cry to us to help them, some of us are like Manjushri, the Bodhisattva of wisdom, imparting wisdom to those who need them and give encouragement and fearlessness when required.




So, which bodhisattva am I? I don't know but I do know I'm a happy bodhisattva and I smile at my troubles and worries, just like the fat Maitreya Bodhisattva, smile @ your worries and they will run away from you!


I do hope you all can be come happy bodhisattvas as well..
Om Mani Padme Hum.. May all beings be well and happy!

No comments: