Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Happy Birthday Anna!

Yesterday, was my good buddy's birthday! Anna has just turned 32. I did asked her, if she felt good turning 32. She told me, 'Not bad, Tai lo!'

We celebrated her birthday with her close friends, Julie, Charmaine, Kelvin, Penny, Chris and I. All seven of us @ Souled Out, Sri Hartamas. The dinner started at 7.30 pm. It was a surprise party as Anna was not informed of our presence during the dinner. She arrived in casual shorts and tee shirt. Hahaha, That's my Anna! She's a real cool dude!

The dinner affair was slow and easy as it was a good time for all of us to catch up. Anna has just returned from her trip to Bangkok with her mum. And the best part of the dinner was a photo session we had as the management decided to give her a special treat, she had to wear a birthday candle hat and we all sang the birthday song to her. She did look very funny. It was hilarious.. Everyone of us were laughing non-stop with her.

It was after that as we settled down with a couple of drinks, the nostalgic moments came and we were all chatting about the primary and secondary school days. The games we played when we were very young, like rope skipping with rubber band ropes, playing 'Tai Chi' on the badminton court, 'Chopping' the girls and guys with a tennis ball, playing 5 stones and other silly childhood games.

It hit me then, It's wonderful to be able to share this, live this moment and be a part of someone's life. Being able to be a part of someone's important event is a blessing. It's also a kind of acceptance. Having said that, it is a wonderful blessing that your existence can touch and influence peoples' lives. I guess that being a bodhisattva is to help touch people's lives and give them a kind of assurance that not all things in the world are bad.. there are beautiful and wonderful things to look forward too, there are good decent people whom are great advisors and would go all out to help and care for you.

I do hope I can play my part in this world by being a little more giving, a little more caring and a little more helping to be a small bodhisattva in this world...

Om Mani Padme Hum... may all beings be well and happy. May all attain blessings and divine light from Buddhas.



1 comment:

annakin said...

Hey, that's me! Aiyo, thanks for scribbling my age for all to see for eternity - now I can't lie about it...hehe.

Thanks for being there, not just for the party, but for the last 6 years of my life. You've been a source of strength, more than you know.

Hugs tailo.