Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sense of well being - Do we have it?

Every often or so, I come across some people who would say to me that they're happy and they've got their sense of well being. Almost everyone of my friends have a sense of well being. There are many facets of this term "Sense of well being". What's your sense of well being?

My close buddy, Fred would tell me that his sense of well being would be his career, his love and his material fulfillment. Another friend, Carol; I have been observing has similar perceptions like Fred. Another bosom buddy of mine, Anna she thinks differently. Her sense of well being is to be successful in her life. Her definition of success is not the typical Gung Ho executive, etching her name in the corporate world, or living the mile high life. It's the way how she has lived her life and her contribution to the community that defines her success or sense of well being. She also told me that it is a balance between spiritual and worldy needs.

I find her views on this sense of well being similar to mine. Her buddy, Penny; my 'hot' yoga instructor shares similar views with her with an exception that penny focuses more on contentment and the 'less is more' attitude. Jules said that her sense of well being is not to be affected by the states of the present conditions in this world. She defines it as not allowing the uncertainty of life to control her state of mind. I asked Calvin what's his sense of well being? He replied that being able to wake up every morning and work in his Tong Sui stall, come back and have a good rest is his sense of well being.

My sense of well being? My piece of mind and that I am thankful for being healthy, to be loved by my family and friends and to be able to achieve my goals using whole some actions and to be able to be a part of my friends' lives. I give thanks that I'm able to wake up in the morning everyday and breathe.

What ever your sense of well being may be, I hope you will be able to achieve it and maintain it. Make it as your guide to living a fruitful and wonderful life here on Earth.

May all sentient beings be well, happy and peaceful.

No comments: