Monday, June 04, 2007

My Buddhism..



Often people ask me if I was a Theravadin Buddhist, Mahayana Buddhist or a Vajrayana practitioner? I don't blame them. When they come to my home, they will see my shrine filled with elements from all 3 traditions. I simply tell them. I'm just a Buddhist. I'm not Theravadin, nor a Mahayanist or Vajrayanist. I'm just a Buddhist. They would then ask me, what kind of Dharma do I practice? I would say: I eat when I have to eat, sleep when I have to sleep, and I am like them. Some were so puzzled that they asked me to go to their temple so I could seek an audience with their Dharma Teachers, or some would try to ask me to go their Churches and listen to their Pastor about God and His plan for me. Simply put, I am fine. Thanks for your concern. I am practicing Dharma. Just that, the Dharma I practiced is made for me. Only me. It's my expedient device and tool I use daily for my own cultivation. So, what's my Buddhism? Very simple.

  • 1. Breathe long and deep. It reminds me that I'm very blessed to be a human being.
  • 2. Each breathe is also to remind me of how impermanent things are on earth and I should not be too serious about worldly possessions.
  • 3. Make money so that I can have enough to get by and if I do have an immense amount of wealth, make sure that wealth goes to beneficial causes, to help others less fortunate as I am.
  • 4. See the world in a different light. To live now, is practicing Dharma.
  • 5. Forget about the past. It's done with. Don't worry too much of the future. It has yet to come.
  • 6. LIVE NOW! And be happy.
  • 7. Be always mindful, so you are always in the know about now.
  • 8. Be compassionate and be wise. These are the 2 tools you need to survive and improvise.
  • 9. Respect life.
  • 10. Don't be too serious about what people say about you. But put full focus and effort on what you do as You want to give it your best effort on your task.
  • 11. Work hard and smart, play hard and smart. Give all you can, and don't expect anything in return.
  • 12. When you love someone, love him/ her with all your life and might. Always put him/ her before you. (It goes with parents, family and friends)
  • 13. Take time to meditate or chant. It's a good way to recharge your spirit.
  • 14. See things beyond good and bad. Especially when it comes to emotions and feelings, there's no right or wrong way at it.
  • 15. Share and generate Merits to all.
  • 16. Love yourself the most! If you don't learn how to love yourself, how will you learn to love others?
  • 17. Finally, LET GO! When you let go, you give yourself a chance to gain more. Sometimes, we have to let go of things and people dear to us, so we do not become too emotional and confused. Don't be attached... This is Prajna wisdom...
This is my Buddhism..
Come and share your Buddhism with me...


May all sentient beings be well and happy.


Om Ah Hum

No comments: