Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bad Air rising in KL!

It has been like this for the past few weeks. I wake up early in the morning, I'd brushed my teeth and wash my face, and I'll go to the balcony to do some stretches. On a usual day, I would be greeted by a clear blue sky, the morning sun, the view of the Menara Telekom, nice.. you know.. and it would be an excellent place to practice my yoga or do my qi-gong.

This picture (left) was taken in KL. Sigh... how to breathe la....


But, now-a-days, I have to stay indoors to do all my yoga and qi-gong practices. I can't even see the cutting blade bamboo shoot of Menara Telekom. It got really bad. Very bad. The kind of air or smog rather that all of us living in KL had to breathe in... YUCK!



And who do we blame all this smog? Ha ha ha.. our Indon neighbour. Reports from major newspaper cited that Indonesia has a couple of hundred fire hotspots in the island of Sumatera, the island of Borneo, Kalimantan. But I also see some of our 'good' fellow citizens contributing to the hotspots by having open burning behind their houses or the parks or in some construction areas.


(this picture was taken from MBPJ, PJ City)

Face it. We are living in a world where a lot of basic neccessities are labelled with a price tag. At the moment, our air is still free. Our water supply isn't anymore. And to top it off, they want to raise the tariffs. Well, if they want to raise the fare, I don't mind paying more so long as it's clean and clear water. Not the kind of muddy irky brown liquid that flows from my taps! I dread to think that in the near future, we'd all have to pay exuberent amounts of money just to breathe clean, fresh pure air. Think about it. This may happen soon...




No comments: